Coach Prime tells Colorado football locker room six different things he loves about them

Colorado State v Colorado
Colorado State v Colorado / Dustin Bradford/GettyImages

Coach Prime listed off six different things he loved about the Colorado football locker room during an intimate moment between Deion Sanders and his Buffs caught on camera by Well Off Media on March 6.

“I love that we’re accountable," Sanders said (h/t Essentially Sports). "I love that we’re depending on one another. I love that we’re pushing one another. I love that we’re supporting one another. I love that we’re challenging one another. I love that we’re becoming brothers regardless of your background and social status.”

In addition to the roster he built through the transfer portal -- 80%, to be exact, with the other 20% coming from the high school ranks the last two cycles --, Coach Prime is also high on the coaching staff he built this past offseason.

Coach Prime high on Colorado football coaching hires

There was a good amount of coaching staff turnover from the 2023 season to the upcoming one, with both coordinator positions seeing new faces; though Pat Shurmur was in a co-offensive coordinator role midway through this past campaign.

Coach Prime credits the scheme-changes Shurmur and Robert Livingston brought for the improved culture.

“The details, the details and the teaching of the little things and the commitment to excellence,” Deion Sanders told McChesney (h/t Bleav). “Now you just because it's a whole new game, it's a whole new day. These guys are serious about going pro and we've improved in every position in all the starters that are returning. They're better because [of] the scheme, because [of] the thought process, because they're familiar energy that they have right now, they're better. So I can sit up here comfortably and say that every position we've got better.”

It's not shocking to see seemingly positive personnel changes lead to improvements in the on-field product. Good hires define a head coach, and Sanders is doing everything possible to become on in Colorado.