Deion Sanders lauded for shredding disruptive Colorado football players in their classes

Colorado v Utah
Colorado v Utah / Chris Gardner/GettyImages

Deion Sanders sounds fed up about a lot of aspects of his Colorado football program right now. Fans are being disruptive at games, smoking marijuana with kids present, and, subsequently, distracting Coach Prime on the sidelines. Worse yet, certain players are being a nuisance during their college classes and forcing one professor to send emails to Sanders about it.

OutKick's Zach Dean lauded Sanders for ripping into those players, mocking them by asking director of player personnel Corey Phillips what their draft grades were, and keeping them accountable for their irresponsible behavior.

"My God," Dean prefaced before saying, "Is 'any draft grades?' the most ruthless reality check you can give an unruly college football player? Maybe not in today's world of NIL, but in normal times? Absolutely. Just brutal stuff from Prime, who not only reads the entire letter to the team, but calls out each player and lets them know just how worthless they are in the grand scheme of things.

"Good for him, by the way. Most college players will never play in the NFL. That's not opinion, it's fact. The data backs it up. That's why you always hear about the very best 1% playing in the league. The other 99% are back in the real world, paying bills, going to a 9-5, pouring Maxwell house in the morning and drinking cheap alcohol at night. That's the American way, at least in Biden's current economy. And Deion Sanders lets these troublemakers know exactly where they stand. Again, good on him. It's time to become a man, and that means no more acting up in class like a sixth grader."

Deion Sanders roasted Colorado football players for their behavior

Sanders was seething at the players who acted out, knocking them for not being good football players but vowing to make them good men.

"You gonna get something out of this," Sanders told the team (h/t AthlonSports). "You gonna be a man or you're going to be a great football player. Since you choose not to be a great football player, we gotta make you a man.

"I'm a little frustrated, I'm a little angry right now because we in this new collective in NIL state of mind...We got youngsters that's all in on one side of the game. 90% or 95% of your roster ain't going pro. So, coaches we got to emphasize education, we got to emphasize life, we got to emphasize the next step the next elevation if it don't work in the game."

It'll be interesting to monitor how over it all Sanders will end up being, and how soon, considering his anger over many facets of CU life right now.